Pastor Rod Mullen was born in Durham, NC, and spent many weekends as a child fishing with his parents at Emerald Isle. Pastor Mullen has served United Methodist churches across the eastern half of the state. From 2001 to 2004, Pastor Mullen worked in England on behalf of the United Bible Societies compiling a Greek text of the Gospel of John for the use of translators. While there, Pastor Mullen also worked with a circuit of Methodist churches. His wife, who is originally from China, and he has two young daughters. Pastor Mullen enjoys history, occasionally dressing up as a Revolutionary War soldier for commemoration. Their daughters enjoy the beach, for which he is thankful for.
Good morning Pine Valley family:
I pray that your week has been one in celebration of God’s Glory!
1) SUNDAY WORSHIP with be offered with God’s Grace as two services this week. The traditional service at 8:30 and our more contemporary service at 11:00.
2) The United Methodist Men celebrated their breakfast together in fellowship on Saturday morning.
3) Continuing our CONGREGATIONAL INFORMATION/EDUCATION MEETINGS, regarding the NC Conference’s Disaffiliation Agreement and Process, Pastor Bryan Huffman of Trinity United Methodist Church in New Bern, NC came to provide his best case for joining the Global Methodist Church on Sunday evening 9/11 at 5:30pm.
4) Then Tuesday 9/13 at 5:30pm, Pastor Kevin Baker of the Swansboro United Methodist Church came to provide his best information for remaining a member of the United Methodist Church.
5) Our UMW, now called United Women in Faith, met on Thursday 9/15 at 6pm with a catered dinner and meeting, covering missions and plans for the rest of the year. And Thanks be to God! Pat and Pastor Ted Miller volunteered to Chair the upcoming Operation Christmas Child (Shoebox Ministry). Many volunteers will be needed to put it together so put your running shoes on!!
6) Wednesday, 9/21, will be a busy day! There is an 8:30am, Yoga class at the church. Ladies Bible Study will be held at 10:00am, and then the Lunch Bunch meets at Mi Cabana, Piney Green Shopping Center at 11:30am.
7) The Staff-Parish Relations Committee is still looking for a NURSERY WORKER. Please contact Karen Crenshaw or Pastor Rod if you have questions or know of someone who might be interested.
8) The CHURCH DIRECTORY Program has been placed on hold until a future date.
9) All PINE VALLEY LADIES (current and former) are invited to a LADIES’ RETREAT at the SALT & LIGHT CHRISTIAN CENTER (N. Topsail Beach, NC) which will begin the evening of Friday September 23rd. Contact Jerri (910-389-0430) if you wish to discuss being a late addition to the group.
10) Sunday 9/25 at 5:30pm is time for the Youth Group to meet at the church.
11) Monday evening 9/26 is Church Fellowship Night–Bingo Night at 6:30pm. Hope to see you there!
12) Did you know? This 750-year old, 40 foot long, dugout canoe, shaped by hand without metal tools by Native Americans, was found in the New River and is on display at the Onslow County Museum in Richlands. There’s neat stuff all around us!
Pastor Rod Mullen
Pine Valley United Methodist Church